Expressionistic Landscapes in Acrylic
Saturday 10th August 2024 for 1 day — Cost: £60
Tutor: David Bannister
This course is fully booked - click below to be added to the waiting listClick Here to Add me to the waiting list
"Expressionistic Landscapes in Acrylic" is a dynamic and engaging art workshop that explores the world of expressive landscape painting. Through the versatile medium of acrylic paint, mediums and drawing tools, students will learn to capture the essence of landscapes with bold, emotive brushwork and innovative use of mark-making tools and mediums.
This workshop encourages students to break free from traditional representation and embrace their inner creativity to create visually stunning and emotionally resonant landscapes.
Whether you're a beginner looking to unlock your artistic potential or an experienced artist seeking fresh inspiration, this course offers a vibrant journey into the world of expressionism in landscape art.
Materials for Students to Bring:
- Acrylic paints (a range of colours including primary, secondary, and various shades)
- Acrylic paintbrushes (assorted sizes and shapes, including flat, round, and filbert)
- Standing easel or desktop easel
- Palette knife (for mixing and applying paint)
- Plastic scraper
- Aprons or old clothes
- Disposable gloves
- Reference material: Inspiration materials like photos, books, or examples of expressionist landscapes
- Sketchbooks or drawing paper for preliminary sketches and ideas
The tutor will provide:
- Primed boards for each student
- Gel mediums or acrylic mediums
- Charcoal or pastels
- Watercolour pencils or crayons
- Texture paste or modelling paste
- Spray fixative
- Water containers
- Rags or paper towels
- Masking tape (for creating sharp edges or protecting certain areas)
- Sponges (for stippling and blending)
Material cost from Tutor:
£10 per person.