Expressive Surfaces Print, Paint and Collage
Monday 5th August 2024 for 4 days — Cost: £240
Tutor: Jo Dixon
This course has availabilityClick Here to Book Now
This course offers the opportunity to experiment with a range of media and techniques to explore an exciting approach to painting. Working with and combining a range of materials, including acrylic paint, inks, pastels and using printing, painting and collage techniques to create rich surfaces with expressive drawing and mark-making, layering, colour, pattern and texture.
You will expand your visual language and gain confidence through experimentation and guidance. and will be encouraged to develop your own artistic ideas to express a personal vision.
The tutor will support you with a series of demonstrations, plus one-to-one guidance, to help you discover how to apply the techniques to your own work. You can expect to complete a collection of experimental pieces that can be developed towards finished piece(s) as the course progresses.
The course is suitable for beginners or those with some related experience.
Bring along anything extra that you already have - i.e paints, collage materials, Larger paper etc that you may like to use.
- Inspirational images/photos
- Collage materials/magazine, photocopy paper, assorted scrap papers
- Apron /old clothes
- Variety of brushes (any you have)
- Basic drawing materials; pencils rubber etc.
- Sketch book or A4/A3 plain cartridge paper (at least 160gms for samples and small work)
- Watercolour paper /or mixed media - 200-300gms (for heavier base for larger work) [Optional]
- Craft knife / (scalpel plus blades is recommended)
- Cutting mat / or thick card or board
- Mixing palette / old lids
- Water pot
- Kitchen roll
- Bin liner (or plastic for table)
- Newspaper (if you have any)
£10 per person.
This is payable to the tutor and will cover:-
- Acrylic paint (basic colours)
- Printing ink
- Print materials
- PVA glue
- Modelling paste
- Oil pastels
- Basic paper for samples printing and small work