Saturday 10th August 2024 for 1 day — Cost: £60
Tutor: Mandy Clark
This course has availabilityClick Here to Book Now
In this workshop you will create a portrait by drawing studies of facial features using reference photos and your fellow students’ faces and discover how to map out the proportions of the face. Using soft pastels and pastel pencils on toned paper, you’ll experiment with pastel technique and colour mixing, and using provided reference pictures, produce a finished portrait, capturing expression and character in the face to produce a lively likeness.
You will need:
- Ordinary pencils 2B or softer or woodless graphite pencils
- White paper
- Soft pastels including skin tones (Unison or other good quality pastels)
- Pastel pencils: dark brown, dark grey, white (or as many as you have)
- A putty rubber
- Mid-tone grey or neutral colour pastel paper (not too textured)
- A drawing board
- A table easel if you have one
All reference pictures will be provided.
You can buy pastel paper from me at a cost of £1.50 per sheet.