Treasure Boxes with Collage and Stitch
Thursday 8th August 2024 for 2 days — Cost: £120
Tutor: Suzette Smart
This course has availabilityClick Here to Book Now
On day 1 of the workshop the tutor will show you how to creating small collages using vintage imagery. You will then learn how to apply these images onto calico. After you have created a couple of samples you will begin designing the fabric which will be used on the top and bottom of your box.
On day 2 the tutor will demonstrate how to use free machine or hand stitch, or a combination of both, to enhance these fabrics and will give you ideas on how to develop your work further and add charms or vintage buttons to feature on the lid. When your fabric is complete, you will cut and fold it in order to create your treasure box.
- Calico fabric. Allow for 2 x 33cm square for your box lid / base and extra fabric for samples
- Paper scissors
- Kitchen sponge
- Lightweight fabrics and lace for collage
- Vintage charm or button if using
- Sewing machine with feed dogs down and freehand foot (if required)
- Hand sewing kit including : needles, embroidery threads of your choice, scissors
- There will be a couple of irons / ironing mats in the workroom. If you have you’re own for workshops, please feel free to bring along
There will be a £15 materials charge which will include the following.
- Box template
- Photocopied vintage images for image transfer